VSE House System
At VSE, we have implemented a House System to promote community, help build positive relationships, and boost character education.
It is also part of our behavior management system at VSE.
- Kindergarten - House of Kindness
- 1st grade - House of Friendship
- House of Perseverance
- House of Focus
- House of Integrity
- House of Responsibility
- House of Respect
Teachers in Houses
- Advocate for all students
- Teacher from each house on each grade level
- Class Dojo is how we will collect House Points
- No more tokens
- Use groups to quickly determine how many points each house has earned
Signs for Points
- We will use posters to collect points in classrooms and in front lobby of school
- Every Friday by 2:00, post updated House points on signs in room
- House council members will collect points from all 2nd-5th grade classrooms every Friday at 2:00
- House council will consist of two 5th graders from each house
- Students who want to be on council will go through “interview” with other 5th grade teachers
- Students from council will collect points, and have several other responsibilities
VSE Star Assemblies
- Every assembly is scheduled on a Wednesday at 1:15.
- Teachers will now select a House Citizen and Most Improved student.
- Bicycles will be awarded as in the past. This will also be a part of having House Meetings.
House Meeting Dates:
- September 4th
- October 2nd
- November 6th
- December 11th
- February 12th
- March 11th
- April 8th
- May 6th
House parties are scheduled as follows:
- October 4th
- December 18th
- March 13th
- May 15th