We want to close this first week of distance learning by honoring the tremendous work that is in place to support each of our students. We hope that you have accessed our Vena Stuart site as it serves as a unifying location for all weekly curriculum and communication. Our K-5 students are actively engaged in ELA and math learning (up to 3 hours per day) through the Great Minds On the Go Website.
For this coming week, students will:
● Continue with their designated progression of lessons in math
● Finish their Wit & Wisdom Welcome Lessons for ELA, and dive into more engaging work around a Core Interactive Text in Module 4
● Continue Independent Reading in Epic
● Continue chapter book read alouds
● Begin exploring extracurricular activities in music, art, and STEM
● Engage in daily physical fitness activities
Your child’s teacher will soon be sharing daily Office Hours, during which you can work directly with them via phone or video. You can also contact your child’s teacher by email with any questions or needs, and they will respond within 24 hours.
If you have any other needs or questions, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher or our administrative team. We appreciate your continued patience and partnership as we figure out the best ways to support your child’s learning in this new virtual environment.
Jessica Adams, Ed.S.
Joshua Shelton, Ed.S.
Schools closed until April 24
Sumner County Schools will be closed through April 24. We are taking this proactive step to help keep our school community healthy and safe. We will continue to monitor this rapidly changing situation closely based on information provided by the National Institute of Health, the Center for Disease Control, and the Tennessee Department of Health. We encourage you to visit the district website or Facebook page for the most current information.